Report Defective Material
If you believe you have received a defective cylinder from our company, please follow the instructions listed below to help us determine if the cylinder is defective. Please have the following information available before you proceed
- Refrigerant Type
- Refrigerant Size
- Brand Name
- Location of Product
- Cylinder Serial Number
- Hudson brand must have QC# & date
- Date received from Hudson
- Description of defect
1) Please have the cylinder/drum information (listed above, in bold) ready and specify if you would like the cylinder replaced or your account credited, once the cylinder has been inspected.
2) Complete the on-line claim form below. You will receive a confirmation email when you submit your claim. Note: When reporting a Hudson cylinder defect, the QC# and date found on a label on the cylinder must be listed on this form in addition to the serial #. We will process your claim as soon as this completed form is received by our Defective Cylinder Department.
3) You will be issued a claim number (a replacement cylinder, if requested will be shipped as soon as the claim is issued at the original purchase price).
4) You will be mailed a package containing a disposition letter with further instructions, along with the cylinder identification tags for returning product to the appropriate location.
5) Upon receipt of the above package please call (800) 277-3490 and ask for the Defective Cylinder Department to arrange for a freight carrier’s pickup.
6) After pickup of cylinder by the freight carrier, you must then fax a copy of the signed bill of lading including pro number to (800) 277-3490 or scan and email to Customerservice@hudsontech.com
7) Upon receipt of cylinder it will be inspected for defect. Hudson’s Defective Cylinder Department will be notified of the results of the inspection if found defective credit will be issued accordingly.
Note_1 Regarding claims of cylinders received empty or light weight. All manufacturers’ as well as Hudson Technologies, Inc. ship their cylinders with the valves sealed with a protective shrink wrap. No claims for empty or light weight material will be considered unless the seal is intact at the time of its return for inspection.
Note_2 If you believe you have a refrigerant cylinder that is currently leaking, STOP please refer to following information.
Caution – Leaking Refrigerant Cylinder!
1.) If you believe you have a cylinder that is actively leaking due to a defect, then recovery of the refrigerant to prevent continued release is mandatory by the custodian of the cylinder and required by the EPA. Failure to prevent loss is the responsibility of the custodian of the cylinder.
2.) Leaking cylinders cannot be ship via freight transport while there is an active leak from the cylinder.
3.) DOT regulations require that 30- and 50-pound (DOT-39) cylinders be shipped inside a strong outer packaging, such as a box or crate. Shipping cylinder in its original packaging is recommended. DOT does not permit shipping these cylinders without their product specific outer packaging.
For questions relating to your orders, shipments, cylinder returns and more please contact: