R22 is legal to buy and sell
As refrigerants phaseout, Hudson Technologies continues to support and sustain the installed base demand. Using a systems original design refrigerant lowers operating costs, maintains efficiency, and reduces energy usage.
While the U.S Environment Protection Agency (EPA) phased out the virgin production and importation of R-22, rest assured that R-22 remains legal to use and available. Need independent proof? Check out this EPA brochure detailing the facts about R-22.
THE TRUTH ABOUT R-22 NOW AND IN THE FUTURE:
- R-22 is 100% LEGAL to buy and sell.
- As of January 1, 2020, no new R-22 manufactured or imported into the U.S. will be allowed onto the market.
- You can still use AHRI-700 certified reclaimed R-22 or virgin R-22 sold from existing stockpiles.
- Only virgin manufacture and import of R22 was phased out.
- You are not required to stop using R-22 air conditioners nor do you need to replace your existing equipment.
- Well maintained systems can last 25 years or more!
- Systems that are designed for R-22 work best with R-22.
- R-22 is the most widely used refrigerant in North America.
- R-22 is in residential systems, businesses, campuses, industrial sites – just about everywhere!
- R-22 can and should be reclaimed (per U.S. EPA regulations)