Since 1989, Hudson has been the industry leader for refrigerant recovery and refrigerant reclamation services. We offer the most competitive prices in the business, and we’ve purchased millions of pounds of unwanted refrigerants over the past 20 years.
Hudson Technologies is EPA-certified and is the largest refrigerant reclaimer in the world. We offer four state-of-the-art facilities with ample production and processing capacity. Our Hudson lab is one of only three in the country certified by the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). In addition, all of our reclaimed refrigerants have undergone strict quality control inspections to ensure that they meet or exceed ARI 700 standards for purity, eliminating any quality concerns regarding the use of this reclaimed refrigerant.
Our investment in reclamation capabilities underscores our commitment to environmental stewardship of refrigerants, and our ability to manage the total refrigerant life cycle.
We provide empty recovery cylinders and shipping documents, and we’ll coordinate all freight arrangements for anywhere in the United States. In addition, if you’d like us to recover your used refrigerant for you, we provide the best refrigerant recovery services in the country. We understand the unique refrigerant recovery and refrigerant buyback needs of chiller contractors and large ends users, so we made the process simple and hassle free.
We buyback virtually all used CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants according to the following guidelines:
- Refrigerant should be in DOT-approved containers, which we can provide.
- Cylinders or drums must be at least 50% full, but should not exceed 80% of the cylinder or drum capacity.
- Oil and contaminants must not exceed 30%.
- Refrigerant that is more than 0.5% mixed may be accepted at reduced value or no value, or for disposal. Mixed refrigerant purchases are individually negotiated.
- If incoming refrigerant does not meet the contract requirements, we’ll let you know as soon as test results are confirmed.
- Payment is based on the net amount of refrigerant after removal of contaminants and oil.
- Payment is made 60 days after receipt of refrigerant and final test results.
As part of our program, we will:
- Pick up your refrigerants the same day on orders placed before 1:00 p.m. EST.
- Provide packaging in all sizes of cylinders and drums.
- Provide recovery cylinders to your location or job site.
- Accept all common cylinder sizes 30 pounds and up.
- Handle all freight arrangements.
- Provide refrigerant banking/storage services.
- Reclaim and package all common refrigerants and high-pressure refrigerants, including R-23, R-13 and R-503.
We provide prompt payment for refrigerant buyback program participants by issuing a check for the net amount of refrigerant purchased, or issuing an immediate credit to your Hudson account.
In addition to providing these services for chiller contractors and large end users, we offer an exceptional Clean Exchange Program for wholesalers and distributers. We make the entire process extremely convenient, and we can customize our programs to meet your specific needs.